Monday, March 31, 2008

VMWare ESX: Host %esxhost% has no management network redundancy

After my upgrade to ESX 3.5 and Virtual Center 2.5 I started seeing a Cluster Configuration Issue of "Host ESXHost currently has no management network redundancy". Apparently VMWare HA reports a configuration warning when it detects that there is no redundancy for the Service Console. After a little research I discovered that adding another Service Console Port on a different nic would solve the problem. My ESX Boxes have 4 cards in them so this was a pretty easy fix. I have my Host networking setup so vmnic0 and vmnic2 go into switch A and vmnic1 and vmnic3 go into switch B on my network.

Here's what my Network config looked like before the update:And here's what it looks like after the update:
As you can see... I simply added another Service Console Port on vSwitch2. After adding the additional Service Console Port I also had to reconfigure HA for each ESX Host I made the change on to get the error to go away. I'm still trying to decide if I should create a second VMKernal Port as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment